Google+ TGIF |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Friday 29 June 2012

TGIF

I think we're eating out tonight. Possibly a Thai meal. All I can say is TGIF - where we get to eat our full allowance. Or, as I like to call it - giving our metabolism a great boost...  We haven't got a calorie counter to help us decipher the menu, but we don't want one. Since we started eating properly and getting our metabolism going, we've found that our body seems to regulate itself better. What I mean is, if we do eat out, we don't go overboard - we just eat what we want to eat then - stop. When I was 'dieting' I would devour the restaurant (...really).

Our idea was simple. Get back to eating 3 good meals a day (4 if we want) - but make them tasty and worthwhile. Why not read 'Our Idea' and find out how we are managing to have a social life AND lose weight. My other half only used to eat ONE meal a day, and he piled on the weight. Whatever the science is behind it, he dropped 6 inches around his waist by eating properly, and he says he eats more now. We love good tasty food and prefer not to eat low-fat food.

If we are going out for that meal, weather permitting we'll go for a good stroll beforehand (that gives him one free pint and I get a free glass of wine). Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...