Google+ That little black dress... and black tie of course. |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 21 June 2012

That little black dress... and black tie of course.

I'm writing with a smile after trying on some very very old clothes. Fumbling away at the back of the wardrobe, I pulled out a beautiful dress and thought I'd try my luck. Astonishingly - I could zip it all the way up. It's particularly inspiring, as I stood on the scales this morning and it didn't register what I can see - a shape change going on again.

I don't mean a drastic shape change - but I just know there's a shape change going on.  It's always happened like this - we hover for a little while in a weight range, then - the belts get tighter but the scales don't show anything. Even my other half 'knows' before it hits the bathroom scales.

As we persist with (our idea - follow the link) we have not only stopped putting on weight, but managed to reduce it gradually over time. The fact that we are still following this idea, shows us (me in particular) that weight CAN be tackled bit by bit, and every little step can make a difference. No crazy diet to follow and we haven't given up anything either (our family can vouch for that). I don't post everything we eat.... and we do eat.  I know so many people who spend their lives NOT eating so they can stay slim. Taking a leap of faith and eating regular meals was the right thing for us to do. I believe we can all experience the wonderful taste of food - which we all deserve to enjoy. We're all entitled to eat - we all have a calorie allowance.

Over the last few months I've had to buy smaller clothes and that's a costly affair for both of us. My partner has lost 3 inches from his collar size - can you imagine how that would look like if I didn't drag him out to buy smaller shirts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...