Google+ Slow cooked chicken and chorizo |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Slow cooked chicken and chorizo

With a busy day ahead, I'll be grabbing a sandwich for lunch while dinner will be cooking back at home.

My chicken and chorizo casserole is the same recipe as our lamb tagine, but I've swapped the 700g of lamb for 6 chicken thighs and 50g of chorizo slices. I've removed the skin from the thighs and browned before adding to the slow cooker. I'll cook this for around 4 hours in my slow cooker on a low setting, then remove the bones from the chicken, and continue cooking until ready. Slow cooking times vary, so check the guidelines. Towards the end of cooking, I'll taste and check the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if I think it needs it.

TIP:  A good trick for removing unnecessary fat from a casserole, if you don't have a fat separator, is to throw in some ice cubes. This attracts the fat which can then be scooped out.
If you would like to know more about our weight loss method see OUR IDEA.
Read more about how we began this successful weight loss journey - Our Experiment

Copyright © (c)forgetdietingforever 2012, all rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...