Google+ Home made burger and chips |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Home made burger and chips

CHICKEN BURGER & CHIPS
This time I've made CHICKEN burger and chips. It's nice to know you can eat whatever you fancy - and still lose and/or maintain weight. Believe me - we've been eating like this for a couple of years now.
In my old 'diet obsessed' mindset, (thankfully long gone) I would never have contemplated food like this: chicken burger and chips!
One day I asked myself was I really enjoying life eating 'diet alternatives' such as
swede chips while trying to convince myself they tasted good. No matter how much I tried, deep down I knew I was only kidding myself. Before long, my nose was buried deep in an extra large portion of chip shop chips and the diet was nowhere to be seen.
Then I saw sense, came up with 'our idea' and the rest is history. Weight is long gone and so are those awful 'diet alternatives'.
For tonight we took CHICKEN BREAST and sprinkled with cajun seasoning. After bashing it out until it was the same thickness all the way through, we placed the chicken breasts into a frying pan with a little oil and butter. The butter helps make the meat go brown, and you'll see that a lot of the fat remains in the pan. We like to cook by traditional means, as it helps keep the chicken moist and tasty. Each chicken breast weight 120g - that's around 150 calories once fried. The bread roll weighed 60g - that's 120 calories. Add a little salad, sauce and you have a great burger at around 300 calories. We generally aim for a dinner with approx 500-600 calories - as it helps fill us up and stops us snacking. As you can see, we added our own delicious home made chips (a must try) which filled the calorie gap nicely and brought our meal to around 550 calories.
Losing weight eating the food we love! Forget dieting and enjoy life.
REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - why not find out what yours is? We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten.
You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go!
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how we have lost weight eating the food we love.
Copyright © forgetdietingforever 2013, all rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...