Google+ DIETING - TOP 3 TIPS TO BANISH BELLY FAT |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Friday 22 February 2013

DIETING - TOP 3 TIPS TO BANISH BELLY FAT

Is your waistline is giving you cause for concern?
My belly is shrinking - and there is a noticeable change in its shape at the moment. Not only can I see the difference, but the tape measure confirms it and my clothes do too.  Over the two years we've been following our method, we have both experienced what can only be describe as 'reshuffling' of our body fat. We're not sure why this is, but we know it goes on, because we can weigh the same yet our clothes are looser. Just lately I've been experiencing loss of body fat which is taking me down a size in clothes. This happened to my partner last year - he showed no discernible weight loss on the scales, yet he became physically smaller. It's as if something is going on behind the scenes - while I'm only loosely following the 'method'. This tells me what I've always suspected - that everything I do, no matter how small, IS contributing to the bigger picture!
During the two years of following our weight loss method, I've noticed at times there seems to be more weight loss around my belly - just like this week. Based on our personal experience, here are our three top tips to banish belly fat:

1. YOGHURT
I've generally been eating porridge/toast for breakfast. I fancied a change, so swapped to yoghurt and fruit. We usually eat more of this over the hotter months. We do not eat low-fat processed yoghurts. We buy a huge pot of FULL-FAT greek yoghurt and eat with fruit and honey. Begin by weighing out your yoghurt into your favourite bowl, and you'll soon get used to the portion size. Here's what my 80g of yoghurt looked like and our great BUDGET recipe.
2. WALKING
Walking is a great exercise and fat burning. We usually aim to walk around 30 minutes per day. This can be broken down into smaller chunks e.g. 2 x 15 minute sessions. But, this week I have walked a little more - in shorter spurts. Ten - twenty minutes here and there several times, throughout the day as I hopped from one tube train to the next. Perhaps this has resulted in more total exercise this week which has contributed to a greater weight loss? Or maybe I've put my body out of its usual routine? After a fabulous day in London meeting up with the GlamMedia team, I realised I had walked quite a lot and should drink more. I carried a bottle of WATER, and ensured I was hydrated at all times thus avoiding dehydration and water retention. We've noticed after a longer walk our bellies sometimes feel 'bloated' the next day - and we've put that down to drinking too little water.
3. EATING
My other half, being a typical bloke, often used to eat just ONE MEAL per day. He thought this would help him lose weight. Clearly it did not work, as you'll see from the pictures on the blog. Now we try to ensure we eat regularly and we try to be mindful to eat at least every 4-5 hours. When I bought the yoghurt this week, I took advantage of an offer and ended up with more fruit. Whenever I began to get hungry, and lunch or dinner was still an hour away, I had a little fruit. Skipping meals - as we've seen - doesn't help you lose weight. I believe the body actually does its best to store fat if you don't eat. So to get rid of fat, particularly in hard to shift areas, we believe eating is the best policy.
Take a look the fabulous food we do eat and you might just be surprised. Wouldn't you love to eat all of YOUR favourite foods and lose weight? It took a leap of faith to start eating like this - but when the weight loss followed, we couldn't stop! Typical meals include something like this delicious rack of lamb with fondant potato.
Lose weight eating the food YOU love!
REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - why not find out what yours is? We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten within that calorie allowance.
You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go!
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how we have lost weight eating the food we love.
Copyright © forgetdietingforever 2013, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...