Google+ PASTA WITH SPICY CHORIZO SAUCE |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 14 May 2013

PASTA WITH SPICY CHORIZO SAUCE

Pasta with spicy chorizo sauce - how 450 calories looks on the plate
Yesterday we had one of our favourite salads: tinned tuna, egg and cheese. It's a great combination, and we served it with our usual new potatoes (with a little butter). If we're having a salad at lunch time, we usually like to eat around 400-500 calories, fill up and be satisfied. Today's salad is avocado, goat's cheese and bacon. We quite often eat this combination too.
Our evening meal was this tasty home made CHORIZO PASTA, which after an hour in the garden, disappeared with relish. You could use dried pasta but you MUST try this spicy chorizo sauce. It's so versatile and can be used in many dishes. Here's a link to our RECIPE.
Following our weekend celebrating over the Bank Holiday, we are now back to the weight we were before we went away. With a little careful planning, and watching what we eat (or should I say - snack on) means we are never too far away from our 'goal' weight. We still get to choose whatever we want to eat, whenever we want to eat it. One thing we ensure is we eat enough and don't go hungry.
I find I am quite tuned into what my body wants to eat now. Take yesterday's lunch. I really fancied the tuna, but didn't fancy eating it in a sandwich. I was looking for the crunch for some reason. On other days I might really want bread - so I will go ahead and eat a sandwich. I have no idea why this happens, but when I do listen to my body, I generally find the food I eat is much more satisfying and I'm less likely to snack. Isn't it better to eat what you love and enjoy your food? It certainly made our weight loss much more enjoyable. We feel much better when we balance out our meals.
****

REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - do you know yours?
We began our weight loss journey in January 2011 - and began our blog in June 2011. Here's a link to the first post. (here's the link).
We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten. You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go! I'm currently going through the photographs and replacing them with more website friendly versions which will allow the blog to load quickly. 
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how you can lose weight eating the food you love.
Copyright © forget dieting forever, all rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...