Google+ HARISSA CARROTS - the WOW factor |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

HARISSA CARROTS - the WOW factor

HARISSA CARROTS
Roasted Harissa carrots have to be about the tastiest carrots I've eaten. There is certainly a wow factor about them. Here's how my first attempt turned out.
This plate has around 200g of carrots (70 cals) and I would estimate the whole dish at around 160 calories. Eat with meat, fish, other vegetables or cheese.
If I was eating it as a main, I would crumble some goat's cheese on top. The thing I liked most was how easy it was to make:
Marinate the carrots in a mix of Harissa paste and oil. Place on an oven tray and cook until soft - ours took around 40 minutes (at 180ÂșC). Place on a plate with Greek yoghurt, sprinkle with salt, chopped mint, lemon juice and za'atar (a mix of dried thyme etc). Or why not add something else you like e.g. a touch of cumin, lemon zest, coriander and so on. I found many recipes for roasted carrots, most with similar ingredients. But mainly used this recipe here on Pinterest. I used less oil, but that was my preference.
*****
Do you know how many calories you are allowed each day?
Here's a link to our very first blog post about our weight loss journey, which we began in January 2011. We started this blog as a way of recording what we ate while losing weight. The blog is a food diary, and contains lots of recipes, tips and ideas about losing weight.
Here's how to FORGET DIETING
Copyright © forget dieting forever (2014), all rights reserved. Please do not copy any of this material without my express permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...